Look up this dictionary for any five words.
Find your star sign in the picture
Read this cartoon, are they going to stay or leave?
Look for the cheapest coffee and the most expensive coffee.
<Bus Time table>
Look for the earliest bus and the latest bus.
What is this Voicethread about?
Target Level : Inter-mediate adults
Target Linguistic feature : vocabulary
The most frequent words in my essay and its synonym.
- Pronunciation : no alternatives
- learners : students
- English : X alternatives
- American : X alternatives
- monitoring : observing
- learn : master
- get : become or have
- communicative : X alternatives
- fluency : ability to delivery messages quickly
Starbucks’ menu in English
Starbucks’ menu in Korean
- Topic : Let’s order a drink at Starbucks!
- Skill : Reading Skill
- Level : intermediate+
- Objectives : Students will be able to read the menu at Starbucks so that they can order what they want to drink properly. Students will be able to explain to friends about the menu.
- How to use : This is for skimming and scanning practice using restaurant’s menus. The first one is Starbucks’ menu in English and the second one is in Korean. Give the students time to read the menus. And let the students find the differences and common things.
1. Engage : Do a short awareness raising session by asking them about their experience related to Coffee shops like if they like to drink coffee or talk with friend there, etc.
2. Activity : Give students questions following. You can do it as a competition giving points students who reply first or fill out a worksheet as a group or individually.
- What is the cheapest drink in both Starbucks?
- What is the most expensive drink in both Starbucks?
- What is the common drink in both Starbucks’ menu?
- What is the unique drink in each menu?
- What’s their favorite drink? Is it on the menu? Where is it, on Korean menu or English menu or both?
- Which one has English menu?
- Which one has more menu than the other?
1. Topic : Bus time table
2. Skill : Reading skill
3. Target level : intermediate+
4. Objectives : Students will get reading skills focusing on scanning.
- Engage : Ask students their experience about traveling by bus.
- Activity : Give students questions following. You can do it as a competition giving points students who reply first or fill out a worksheet as a group or individually.
- Which one has more bus running?
- Are there any differences between week days and weekend?
- What time is for the bus to Murray field Drive?
- What time is for the first bus to 봉화?
- What time is for the last bus to the broad walk?
- What time is for the last bus to 영주?
Target level : Intermiediate students who can easily understand teacher’s nasal sound when he got a cold.
Target age : Over middle school students who probably have prior knowledge and curiosity about star signs.
contents : stories about libra. in the end, asking students to comment about theirs.
assignments : let students investigate their own star sign and upload it as in the same order as the example post.